My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I used to take Zachary to the Joey Travolta school of acting for special needs kids. Well, I think it was meant to be something like a school of acting but now it's acting camps and school inservices. It's really nice to seem them going into a school and giving hope and having fun with troubled kids and kids with special needs. They still have the program at Zach's school and I think it's one of the better things I have accomplished in my life. The truth is......it was all Zach. He was literally discovered in a Starbucks in Burbank just down the street from Warner Bros studios.

I love coffee and Zach loves coffee stir sticks. Zach was spotted at the starbucks and invited to join an acting class fun by Joey Travolta and friends. It was just getting off the ground and I was willing to give it a try. While I was there I met another mother with an autistic son that was pursuing acting and film making for her son. While the Joey T school has become a traveling camp. The mom I met went on to find an extraordinary school for her son, and she is one of the producers of Autism The Musical.

This is a documentary about some children with special needs and friends putting on a musical.
I love this because, acting is so good for our kids and so far away from the stereotypes of autism.


Check Out HBO tonight at 8pm/7c or HBO on Demand after Wednesday.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

What an inspiration! I believe very strongly in fate, and you have reinforced that belief here.

Saw your twitter about Oprah. Congratulations! Please let us know when you have more details. I don't get HBO north of the border, but I do get Oprah.