My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Zach and Mattie


Zach and Mattie
Originally uploaded by jippyjabber.
Another day at the hospital.......

What makes it tolerable? A dog of course!

Mattie's story

Love on 4 paws is a terrific organization. The kids really do feel better after petting the dogs.

I often think that one day Zach will have a dog and we will be able to visit seniors or kids stuck in the hospital. I will never forget the first dog Zach met at a Hospital. It happened to be at Huntington Hosp. I had called 911 because he was turning blue. He had not slept for days. They admitted us and a dog camee to visit. I threw a blanket on the floor. The dog and Zach laid down and for the first time in days and days, Zachary fell asleep. So did the dog!

We've met Mattie before. We have a picture of zach and Mattie on the cell phone. So Zach was comfortable with her and took her leash and walked her around the waiting room and told her she was a good girl.

Mattie is a featured story on www.Loveon4Paws.org go check it out.
if you have a sweet dog and are interested in volunteering, you will find information on that on the site.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

That is a cool program. I had wanted to do stuff with the delta society before Simon (our awesome dog) developed heart troubles. Nice timing for you and Zach with Mattie!

Jennifer said...

Poor Simon. It's always nice to run into a dog.

Anna said...

i visited the site and flipped through some stories. it's such a great program.