My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Monday, October 23, 2006

I really don't care about Brit or Madonna but they crossed my path today. Ok, it goes like this......I took Z to school and he didnt' stay so we had to find something to do with our day. I figured I'd let him pick out stuff for his lunch box to increase the chances of him staying at school tomorrow ( he's currently eating those choice snacks right now.) A big sign outside, Flu Shot. Nice, it's on my list and if I do it today the money goes to breat cancer research. I don't want to get a shot at all and I don't need the flu shot but My son needs me to have it. I have to frame it like that or else I'll hit the floor from needle phobia. To distract myself.......trashy magazines..... Brit lost 26 pounds in one month without the pills or the trainer. I mean she had a trainer before so escentially she's been trained. Right? So, no nutritionist this time either. Like she would have forgotten how to make a turkey and swiss rollup? Anyways, Hurray for her! Her butt is shrinking and she isn't worried about her man out there on the loose anymore. I mean, who would worry he had two kids with the women he left to become Mr. Brittany. Oh yeah, she might be careful not to loose all of that ass......the other chick had booty. As long as I am reading about what she is eating.....I think she's in the clear. Ya know?? There are many levels of love and we have the right to explore them.......... Now, I move on to Madonna. I already know what I think about this. I wonder why would someone adopt a baby that has a father? Maybe it was the only way? I wonder why she didn't set the man up to care for his son. Why not adopt a true orphan? A baby with no mother or father at all. I mean there are plenty. Right? I am glad she is bringing attention to kids that need adopting. I hope good people adopt orphans. I hope we support people to keep families together. He suffered and he'd have advantages being raised by Madonna. I am in favor of her adopting, giving the country millions of dollars puts in in my face and forfeits privacy. I have an opinion. I don't want to take on Madonna but why David? Did she rename him David or is that his birth name? Maybe I'll think about that when I make my turkey and swiss roll up tonight.....LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed that whole Madonna thing and a friend had to clue me in. It is a bit of a fuck up either way you look at it. I just hope she picked David because she fell in love with him and there was a bond.

Brett Battles said...

I think the weirdest thing is not that the boy had parent(s) still alive - I'm sure that happens with a lot of adopted children - but that we know so publicly who the father is....

As an adoptive parent myself, I find that odd.

Jennifer said...

Madonna went on Oprah mainly to stop the damage the press is doing, perhaps discouraging people from adopting sick children. No record of anyone visiting little David existed. His mother and three other siblings died. I wonder if they thought the little one would not survive either.

Amra-Madonna first saw David in the arms of an HIV pos. eight year old little girl who was in a documentary about the Orphanage she was building in Malawi. I'd worry about that little guy too. She considered other kids because she was told she had to. She was also told to go to another country but she was already working with Malawi in many ways.

Brett-I think it's great that you have adopted. My good friend ( Z's ex stepmother) has put two of her kids up for adoption. The first was a closed adoption and the second is open. She willingly and knowingly put her kids up for adoption. It was a good decision. It also made her able to "adopt" Z as her own while she dated his father. I remain her friend although my ex is also now her ex. When I wrote my blog I found out I had to take Z in the hosp for some tests. I was in the frame of mind of being a vulnerable single mother. What if he is really sick? what if I can't continue to pull this off? Perhaps like a single father in Malawi? Was he asked if he'd like to take care of his child if he had a little assistance? That question was never answered but yours was. It's tragic. The world press got a hold of this man ("a simple man") and is harrasing him and gettting as much controversy and headlines out of him as they can. Madonna needed a living realative to ok her adoption of the child and that is how they found the father to be alive. I am sure she was already in love with Little David by then.