My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Has it come to a world where our campus have to have Gunman Loose on Campus Drills and Procedures?

Amy, is a A Hoki fan is a Virginia Tech Alum. She is "worse" than Pooks who is a foot ball fan, mostly Cowboys. ( I tried to link to one her Pooks football posts but It didn't work.)

*****If this stuff is too sad, like you've seen it over and over again on the news..... just hit the Pooks link and stay there. Her Payton Manning video will make you laugh. You know what I just for one day, I'd want to put Zach on his team.....I already know what would happen....Zach would tackle him to the ground......that might be funny too**********

I am just learning about teams and fans. I didn't know what I was missing out on. With the joy of victory comes the agony of defeat. And today the pain of loss..... I am not sure if any of us can ever understand. Virginia Tech has now replaced the University of Texas Austin for the record of the largest killing spree on a campus. It's very very sad.

Amy is really compassionate and sweet and I know she is sick over this tragic situation. Aren't we all?

This blog was up yesterday, I have no idea how they could know all of this

I just hope to present this and hope that when we read it, we somehow, in sharing her appreciation for and her celebration of Virginia Tech, that we help these kids, teachers and their families with our good thoughts.

Amy's VT Posts

Now more stuff I stole from Amy for this tribute. ( hopefully A picture will follow)

The origin of the word "Hokie" has nothing to do with a turkey. It was coined by O. M. Stull (class of 1896), who used it in a spirit yell he wrote for a competition.

Hoki, Hoki, Hoki, Hy.
Techs, Techs, V.P.I.
Sola-Rex, Sola-Rah.
Polytechs - Vir-gin-ia.
Rae, Ri, V.P.I.
(V.P.I. stands for Virginia Polytechnic Institute).


The Hokie Bird, is modeled on a large turkey, has been the official sport mascot of Virginia Tech since 1961.

No comments: