My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In response to your questions via email. I wanted to post a little about mitochondrial disease. I am backing up my computer so this is the short and sweet version. In Mitochondrial disease, symtoms generally occur when energy demand ( the body's energy requirement) exceeds energy supply ( the body's ability to supply energy). Symptoms can include leg pain, lethargy, severe headaches, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. All of these symptoms may be exacerabated by extreme physical activity, dehydration, or lack of eating. Physical activity is contraindicated in this child. Rather, by following certain precautions, these symptons can be avoided. Eating frequent meals will enhance the body's ability to make or use energy.

1 comment:

Amy W said...

My Stepsister has been told her one year old may have this condition as well. Thanks for giving this information so I can understand it better.