My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Save the Whales!

I was happy to read on the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration that they are reccommending new shipping routes to protect the endangerd Right Whale. These common sense actions used to be so hottly debated. I just wanted to bang my head against the wall. If you go see the NOAA website ( You can use my link on the sidebar to the right) you can actually see the hole in the ozone at the top and bottom of the earth. That means there are two holes. What it took to get us to put down the aqua net, but we did it.

I put my plastic bottles in a seperate bag. I sometimes put five bucks in the bag too. Then my son and I watch as a very determinded very old man digs through the trash out back and scores when he finds all the water bottles and ok the occassional beer bottles and maybe a few soda cans. We found a way to make it cool for us.

My nephew bitches me out when he sees me throw out the plastic piece that holds a six pack together. "How could you?" "How could you, Aunt Jippy?" I just laugh because I only do it for his reaction. He grabs it out of the trash and cuts it up and tells me about the sea lions and the oceans. I just laugh and am incredibly proud. Little good things that become a way of life and it's comfortable to us now. Like the new shipping lanes. I am sure in a few years the Mariners, the Captians will be confortable in the new course. And proud that this is a course that saves the Right Whales. Yeah!

No comments: