My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

MADONNA REDEEMED....... I watched her interview and she was asked (finally) if she offered to set this man up to be able to take care of baby David on his own. He declined and granted her custody. I just hoped that she had thought to offer to help them stay together. In one of her interviews she described the situation like this: If a girl put up her child for adoption and then gets bombarded by the media. Reporters In her face asking her if she really wanted to give up her baby. I didn't think it could have really been like that exactly. If you put your baby up for adoption in America, It's most likely going to be well cared for, have food, clothing, health care. Having to leave your baby in an orphanage that is overrun and does not have enough food and medicine because of poverty and diseases is really something different. I support her and the dad and of course the baby David. If not for the doctors on the Pain Team at Children's Hospital. I would not have been able to safely keep my son with me.


BOOKS ON MY DESK RIGHT NOW......The Bitter truth!
I am moving my treadmill so it's kind of a big pile right now.

Write The Perfect book Proposal by Jeff Herman and Deborah Levine Herman

Scriabin A Biography by Faubion Bowers

The Letters of Vincent Van Gogh

In Fact The Best Of Creative Nonfiction Edited by Lee Gutkind

The Associated Press Guide to Internet Research and Reporting

Liars, Lovers, and Heroes What the New Brain Science reveals About How we Become Who We Are By Steven R. Quartz, Ph.D & Terrence J. Sejnowski, Ph. D.

Genetics for dummies

Pocket Theasaurus

Macworld Mag

Cliffs Quickreview Writing: Grammar, Usage, and Style

Virgil The Aeneid

Mensa Book of Literary Quizzes by Dr. Abbie F Salny

Charting Presidential Elections by Sylvia De Long

The Bangs Sisters and their Precipitated Spirit Portraits by Irene Swann

The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry

A Beautiful Mind the shooting script by Akiva Goldsman

How to Write a Movie in 21 Days the inner movie method by Viki King

Guerrilla Creativity Make your message irresistible with the Power of Memes by Jay Conrad Levinson

Pocket Dictionary

The Art of Civilized Conversation by Margaret Shepherd with Sharon Hogan

In Woods & Forests Be An Animal detective

A SPECIAL PILE LEFT TO ME FROM GRANDMA WITH HER HANDWRITTEN NOTES STILL IN THEM......

How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill

The New American Bible ( I think the bible used at my brothers funeral)

My Meditation on the Gospel

My Daily Bread

Oh Geeze......there is my cable bill! Sorry, I just can't dig any deeper. I don't want a late fee! : )

Tell me, What books are on your desk right now?

4 comments:

Kel said...

I like the sound of the Guerilla Creativity book

a few books on my 'to read' pile include;
Art Heals by Shaun McNiff
The Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron
The Soul's Religion by Thomas Moore
When you see the emu in the sky by Elizabeth Fuller
Slowing down to the speed of life by Carlson and Bailey

Natalie said...

I have totally "tried" to read Genetics for dummies....emphasis on "tried".....I guess I'm not even at dummy status yet when it comes to genetics.

PS - Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope you tried that wine!

bibliophile81 said...

The only book actually laying up on my desk right now is Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah MacDonald. There are hundreds of books in the room with me, though.

Tonyette said...

Hi Jennifer!
One of the books that I rented from the library was "Always a Bridesmaid" by Whitney Lyles. I was just cruising through the aisles and it caught my attention because I can totally relate. In the next 6 months, I'm involved in three weddings and in the past 8 or so months, I was involved in three! Whoo!
I'll be back to visit again!
Happy posting!
Tonyette
Random Spewings