My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Yeah Baby!


I got a call from a friend of mine last night. I'll call him Peter becasue he is a reclusive artist. He was contacted from a film maker wanting to use one of his songs in her film. He seemed really open to the idea.
As the conversation went along, I mentioned I needed music for my documentary. He actually thanked me for the opportunity. I was shocked! In the past he claimed that his creative process would not allow him to score a film. So I never consider him for my musical needs.
I have suggested that he try nurturing the creative process and possibly letting it expand or grow. I am very excited to take my painting to another level. I know it's painful to be bad at something or to be, not good while learning, but it's the journey remember!!
I am excited about the possibility of Peter making the music for my documentary. He is a great communicator and always understands my point of view, while gently offering another higher minded vision. Also, I am very happy to feel a sense of collaboration on this project. What a happy surprise. Music is important in film but in my documentary it will be vital.

No comments: