My New Earth work is actually on twiiter.com/BookClubClass It's a text messaging book club. In case you came here from the Oprah website and were wondering where it all is. I'll bring my New Earth Work over here because, I guess this is where it's meant to be. Welcome to Jippyjabber! PS I am auntjippy on the Oprah message boards.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Alright, here is the trick to eating one piece of candy. You take one small bar of dark chocolate take a nibble and let it melt slowly. Follow it with a small sip of the best single malt scotch . An ounce or two that has been blessed with a few drops of high quality water. Let the flavors rumble around your closed mouth until your nose is hit with vapors and aromas.........then repeat. It's enough, I promise. Sometimes it's cool when you have to play dad as well as mom. That's a Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

angela said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm glad you dropped by. It's taken me quite a while even to start to get my head round this blog thing so I sympathise. You can always post quotations, photos etc (I think. I hope)

I'll be back to read some more when the NaBloPoMo is done. Got sore fingers already.
At least it might speed up my typing.
Angela

Kizz said...

You're a great example for the NaBloPoMo crowd, thanks so much for the comment. Look for a link to you from me a little later this morning. I'm so spending next Halloween using your scotch and chocolate method. Also probably Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Arbor Day and the occasional normal Tuesday.

Mrs. Chili said...

Scotch, huh? I've never actually tried the stuff.

I'm in the middle - quite literally - of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It's a time-travel story involving the Scottish Highlands of the late 1700s and, duh, scotch figures quite heavily into the story. This, coupled with your interesting candy-eating method, has me thinking that a trip to the state liquor store is in order for this afternoon...

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog. This is going to be a fun month of writing and reading;>

Pamela said...

omigod -- this is the best "howto" ever. Must try this soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer-

We publish every day already. Although, when I stuck I have done reruns about once a week. Not having that option is our big challenge.

Thanks for saying "hi"

Bud

Sarah said...

Alas, I read your tip long after my toddler and I had camped out on the bathroom floor with her candy bag between us and eaten everything in the darn thing.

I'll have to go out tonight and buy some more chocolate to try your idea :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog - good luck with your daily posts. You're off to a great start!

Emma Leigh said...

Thanks so much for your comment and for this great tip. I had a difficult experience with whiskey this past weekend, so it may take me a few days before I am brave enough to try this, but I definitely will. Good luck with the posting, I'll be coming back to check on you!